The ActiveX Control Pad also includes the Microsoft HTML Layout Control, which provides layout capabilities based on the HTML extensions proposed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Using the ActiveX Control Pad, you can easily author pages that include advanced layout and multimedia features such as exact object placement, object layering, and transparency effects.
To run the Microsoft® ActiveX™ Control Pad 1.0, you need the following:
- A personal computer with a minimum 80486 microprocessor running Microsoft Windows® 95 or Windows NT® 4.0 Beta 2 or Windows XP® or Windows Vista®
- 12 MB of RAM
- 10 MB of free disk space on your hard drive
- The latest release of Internet Explorer (3.x or higher)
The file provided for downloading below (SETUPPAD.EXE) is a self-extracting, self-installing zip file. After downloading it to your system:
- Run SETUPPAD.EXE to start setup.
- Follow the setup instructions on your screen.
- Open the ActiveX Control Pad README file from the Windows 95 Start menu to review important information about the product.
Downloading the ActiveX Control Pad:
Download Microsoft ActiveX Control Pad 1.0 release (2.7 MB): SETUPPAD.exe
IMPORTANT! Japanese users, please install the following additional required component (134 KB): SETUPJPN.exe